Monday, July 7, 2014

The First Real Day

Yesterday (6/16/14) was the day that I met up with my new cycling friends so my day consisted of being a passenger in Dad's car, then a passenger in Carolyn's car, then hsving lunch with two of my awesome BBSH classmates in Charlottsville, VA, then meeting up with some of the cycling group in early evening also in Charlottsville. I biked only about 4 miles just to test out the bike a bit. Today's temp., 6/17th, is in the 90's, hills were long & steep, & my feet were sore. However, the mileage was purposefully low at about 25 miles. Tomorrow we are expecting a hard day since we will be climbing up a 6 mile hill towards the Blue Ridge Mountains. We're planning an early start time-probably 7am to leave. Here are a couple pics from a peach orchard & one from a view we passed near Greenwood, VA. We're staying at a campsite tonight called Misty Mountain Campground. Wish me luck for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment