Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I'm not in Kansas anymore

What seems to be a long time has passed. It hasn't been very easy to keep this blog updated for various reasons but here I am trying to keep it updated ag
ain. Since the last entry I have pedaled through Illinois, Missouri, & Kansas (see some pics below). To do this, I have had help from fellow cyclists, and by people hosting me in their home, church,  & even bike shop. I also have been helped by the terrain & wind even though those have also hindered me as well. I have come to some empasses during this trip when I didn't think I could continue. I feel like I'm approaching another one again. My knees are hurting, my ankle is puffy again retaining fluid, a storm is apparently approaching, the next several towns are pretty barren and far, and my cell service is non-existent in this town in which I'm presently (Sheridan Lakes, CO). It's a good thing I have shelter in a church but I don't really know why I was called to do this trip. I'm also afraid of the Rocky Mountains that are coming up here in Colorado. I want to believe that by doing this trip I will get a better sense of how I would like my business to be and what it ultimately is about. True,  it will be a wellness coaching business but what is my platform? What's the underlying desire, belief, passion, etc. that it will be built on?
Could it be based on doing what makes you feel good? How about when what usually makes you feel good doesn't anymore but you're already committed to it? All the while remembering that sometimes things are just hard to do.
Anyway, here are some pics from the last several states I've been in. There has been tough times but those times have made the good times even sweeter. : )






















No comments:

Post a Comment